This past weekend, Scottsdale Bible Church begun a sermon series called "The Battle Within" and it is very powerful. As a Christian I face my own battles, I face battles on being fearful, overwhelmed and anxious and wondering if I am meeting what people think about me, being disappointed by God and dealing with change.
James 4:1-3: What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions ar e at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.
God calls us to wait on him for his timing for our battles.I know we've all been in situations where we have wanted something when God hasn't provided it right away.
These are some of the battles God has calmed for me recently:
Worrying/Being fearful: God has performed miracles in telling me to not worry too much. God is always there for me when I am nervous because we have management in. There have been several times when I thought I was going to have to call my job coach and tell her bad news about my job being terminated. God's protected me. Residents actually thank me for filling water containers for the floors and washing the chairs in the dining room, which stops by concerns of worry as I know they appreciate the tasks I do. Personally, God has protected me from COVID.
Bible verse:
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.
Feeling overwhelmed: God has provided calmness in times of me feeling overwhelmed. I instantly turn to God for guidance about how to calm my "overs" as I call them. Every other day, I take as a me day after work. I watch reality TV shows, spend time with God, call my boyfriend or just take a bath after work and meetings with First Place staff.
Bible verse:
Deuteronomy 7: 9
“ Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.”
Trusting God's timing:
This is always a battle within me. I have a tough time waiting for God to provide his correct and perfect time for everything. I always have to remind myself that when I want something and it's not what God wants to provide, God has this situation.
Bible verse
Lamentations 3:25-26
The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.

Comments
Post a Comment